Thursday, December 10, 2009

Maybe I'm a bit old school, but does anyone agree with me when I say?

There shouldn't even be any half -time shows.They have nothing to do with football,not everyone who's watching the game likes the performing act.How about showing the season highlights of the two opposing teams instead or showing highlights of the entire N.F.L.? What would you rather see during intermission instead of a singer? Your thoughts on this.



Maybe I'm a bit old school, but does anyone agree with me when I say?performing show



I agree! I also agree that players used to play with more heart than they do today! Now its all hyped up on a celebrity status. NFL players are treated like pretty boys like Tom Cruise or something. As a player I would be offended by that! Because I want to be the most visious human being on the face of the planet! I want to strike fear in every QB RB and WR that I face! of the field its alright! (as long as its not during half time) But on the field, I'm ready to annihilate everyone I see!



Maybe I'm a bit old school, but does anyone agree with me when I say?opera score opera theater



I've never seen a flamboyant halftime show in person, but I've definitely never seen a good one on television. I'd rather watch water boil. If they've gotta do it, I wish it would be something like you suggest -- a highlight reel or something related to the sport in the question.
I like thinking. Half time shows are way overhyped.Even at the super bowl. Thats when i get more snacks from the ice box(thats old school too,lol), say hi to all the family who doesn't watch football (some in every family)etc.



I rather watch great defenses hitting their opponents real hard and go "OUCH! when i think its hurts. Watch those power shots from earlier in the season would be great. I also would rather watch the losing teams motivational speech before they come back out on the feild to see what is being said and who says it. Or maybe even highlites from older super bowls and their great plays.
they should show some highlights
Unless it's the USC cheerleaders sans underwear, I'll take the highlights.



And while I'm at it, would someone please take Bradshaw, Johnson, and crew? Not only are they about as enlightening as a sideline reporter, their a waste of time when they could be showing high lights.



Or USC cheerleaders without underwear...
A great example of this was shown recently; the coin flip from the first Super Bowl was shown and had 2 players from each side and 2 referees and the camera angle was from up in the stands.



The coin flip from last year's game must have had 150 people standing around watching/taping/analyzing.



Just play the game!!!!!!
Get rid of them. Now even the halftime show isn't enough - they tack on pre-game concerts and festivities. Also, I'm tired of coming back from halftime to resume play on a field still clouded from smoke bombs. And this will really make me seem "old school", but I don't give a ---- about Super Bowl commercials. That's when I hit the "mute" button and go to the bathroom or get a sandwich.
i would rather see more great play of the season then watch some halftime shows because some shows are just plain bad.but being a football fan watching a great hit or a great catch is more to my liking.
i dont care about halftime shows. that's a chance for me to pee, find something to eat, go have a smoke break, etc...



i could care less who the performer is cuz i dont even watch
I agree! I'd rather see highlights than some dumb half-time show or any more dumb "nipplegate" stunts. It should just be focused on the game! Why see a half-time show with some attention seeking singer or band? Enough already! The Janet Jackson fiasco should have taught the NFL that half-time shows are unnecessary and can be disastrous (the NFL still hasn't fully recovered from the embarassment and the FCC fallout!) In fact, there should be only 1 week between the championships and The Super Bowl! Therefore the players could focus more on the game and all that dumb pregame hype (press conferences, etc) could be eliminated. I also agree that pregame concerts are dumb as well! Just concentrate on the game. Oh and who needs a 6 hour pregame show! It's become a circus!
It's sure not like the old days
I do like seeing what else in going on in the NFL while I watch my favorite team, speculating how the division might look on Monday morning. The Super Bowl is different, though. These other 'acts' at halftime add to the excitement.
I can see your point about the halftime show not being your cup of tea, but the reason they have it is to attract viewers, viewers equal ratings, and they need that for the sponsors. I've been to superbowl parties where people have brought wives and girlfriends that do not follow football and all they wanted to see was the halftime show and laugh at the commercials and didnt care about the game. Personally, I would rather see highlights or something football related, but the halftime shows are there for ratings. I agree the entertainment has gone way downhill over the last few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd