Saturday, December 5, 2009

Calling All Make-Up Experts! Can you help me with these items?

I will be performing in 5 dance shows next month and need some sound advise on make-up. I need the make-up to keep me looking great for as long as possible. I do not wish to re-apply make-up or do major touch-ups in between my numbers. Here are the items I would like advise on.



Blush: I usualy use Cover Girl's powder blush but, I was hoping someone could let me know if a cream blush would be better? If so, what brand? How should I apply it?



Mascara: No matter what kind I get it never seems to do all it promises. I'd like to have skyhigh lashes that are thick and full. Am I asking the world? I'll be wearing fake lashes, too but, if they fail me in between shows, au naturale will have to do... Any great tube you reccomend?



Lipstick: I need a shade of pretty ballet pink and a firery, jazzy red. I also need it to stick very well. (Lipstick is for lips, not costumes!) Brand, kind, shades?



THANKS TO ALL!



Calling All Make-Up Experts! Can you help me with these items?ballet theater



Okay, well pro's don't use mac. Search google for the mac boycott. Lauder bought them and the product is no longer rated to hold up under lights. So steer clear or you'll end up with makeup everywhere. With that said...



For a foundation I've got two top picks for transfer proof makeup. Lycogel by Dermacia (go to www.lovelyskin.com) or Merle Norman Lasting foundation. If you can't find either than use the old staple of Revlon colorstay. It looks a bit heavy for daily use but for stage ligthing it does the trick and stays in place. A lot of artists use it in a mix for waterproof airbrush makeup and it was used exclusively on the set of waterworld for waterproof for body makeup. That gives you the staying power proof right there. I only recommend the other two because they have better color choice and give an even more perfect finish.



Blush: A cream set with a powder over top is the norm for stage shows. My favorite creams, nars multiples, Kevyn Aucoin cream blush, or Merle Norman Cream blush because of the pigment in it. If you need quick and easy drugstore brand cream blush go with one of the maybelline whipped versions. Your covergirl blush should be fine over the top of it.



Mascara: Try loreal lashout waterproof for drugstore or Bourjois pump up the volume waterproof for sephora brand.



Both give large lashes with or without false lashes



Lipstick. MUA's who need stay on lipstick usually go with the covergirl outlast. Try a pearl shade for the ballet pink. I like the pink pearl or shell pearl for your pink and for the reds go with Ever ready if you're a cool, or eternal flame for warms or more neutral reds. If those colors don't do it for you then my second choice is the lipfinity line from max factor. There are a few higher end lines who make longlast but why waste the money when these two are just as good?? ;)



Also, if you are under hot lights and you tend to sweat or get oily I HIGHLY recommend you invest in some Merle Norman Shine control lotion. You put some on a makeup sponge and dab it over your existing makeup. It doesn't smudge the makeup and it removes oil and immediately refreshes the makeup and mattifies it so you don't shine under the lights. Also, some oil blotting films are wonderful. Use the films, not the papers because the papers disturb makeup on your face.



Calling All Make-Up Experts! Can you help me with these items?chicago theater opera theater



use any mac makeup that macthes your outfit
You need professional stage makeup. Look it up in the yellow pages and ask them how to apply it. Usually, professional companies provide their own. Find out who is doing the stage crew/costume/makeup routine where you will be performing. Regular day makeup is not formulated for sweating under lights, neither in the staying power nor in coloration. The stuff you need comes off with albolene cream, not with soap and water.
MAC make-up is really heavily pigmented, so it will pop when you are on the stage- I suggest you use their eyepaint colors for staying power.



As far as blush- Benefit has a product called "benetint"- it looks like a nail polish bottle with a deep red liquid- it's amazing at tinting your cheeks and lips- you can make it as light or as heavy as you want and it will not sweat off like cream make-up. You can buy it at Nordstrom /Macy's / Sephora online.



For the Mascara- Try Covergirl's Fantastic Lash Mascara. Curl your eyelashes first, then apply two coats. I have really thin but medium length lashes, and this really volumizes them without weighing them down. Also, apply thick eye liner, so if your false eyelashes come off, from far the audience will not notice.



Lipstick- again, the benetint is amazing at staining your lips- so I just use a tiny bit to stain mine pink and then use a clear chapstick/gloss. Good luck with finding a staying jazzy red, though- I have yet to find one that does not rub off onto napkins/clothes, etc. Hope this helps, and good luck!!
You need stage makeup. If you live in Cali, check out Cinema Secrets. Try to use make up that says long lasting or long wear.
Okay, i used to dance as well, so i understand what you are talking about. first of all you want waterproof mascara so it doesnt run while your sweating, lash exact is usually the best. either blush would work fine, but the cream blush would probably last longer. on the lipstick, the covergirl outlast lip colour would probably be the best. i did uncover one trick that works great with keeping lipstick in place wether it be dancing or just really hot outside. close your eyes and take aresol hairspray extra hold, hold at arms length and lightly spray your face, works with a non sticky brand better.
lash exact mascara by covergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd