Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm goin on Stage?

hey so i'm ganna be performing in my school talent show tomorrow and really nervous how do i calm my self before i go on.



P.S. I'm the first act!!:(



I'm goin on Stage?opera score



I'm an high school actress and have been in many productions. Almost every time I go on stage I get nervous.



Basically what I do is remember that those in the audience are there to see me, they wish they could be me, etc...not to be self-righteous, but they are! If you don't notice or pay attention to the fact that you've messed up, they won't. They're going to think you're great. If you have a hard time with this, ask one of your best friends or family members to get a seat in the front row so that any time you feel like you don't know what you're doing, you can look at them for support.



A second thing I do is lay on the floor with my eyes closed up until it's time for me to go onstage. This calms my nerves and helps me feel like I'm in control of the situation.



Also, don't ponder what you're going to do forever and ever. Think it over once or twice, then be done with it and distract yourself with something else.



Hope this helps! You're gonna do great and be awesome!



I'm goin on Stage?musicals opera theater



take deep breathes and act like your practicing ignore people act like they are not there then youll get over it
Focus on yourself, zone into what you need to do. Sometimes, I like to think of a funny moment, or something funny that my friends said. That way, I'm slightly more relaxed and i have a smile when i walk on.



Good luck!
Practice a lot! Remember nobody expects perfection at school talent shows. Try to look like you are having a lot of fun.
you can do it
try relaxation exercises. Here's one described for you.



starting with your toes and moving up to the very tip of your head. Isolate each muscle in your body, tighten or flex and release each muscle individually. Until you have completed your whole body.



Actors use this exersice jsut before auditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd